Art at Provisions
Provisions will be seeking local artists for monthly, month-long shows from February, 2015 through February, 2016. Applications will be accepted ONLY on-line and only from November, 2014 through January, 2015.
Provisions takes part in Arts Night Out Northampton, presenting a new artist each month. We are proud to provide an opportunity for local artists to show their work to the public and are interested in a wide range of work, reflecting the diversity of the Pioneer Valley community.
Artists' portfolios (8-10 JPEGS showing current work, minimum resolution - 300 dpi) are reviewed on an annual basis. The application period and deadline are announced each year in local papers and on Provisions’ web site. Criteria for review include technical and artistic quality and a coherent theme. Artists living and working in the greater Northampton area are eligible to apply. First-time exhibitors are welcome.
INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: 8-10 jpegs, artist’s statement (125 words or less), resumé and contact information
If you're using webmail send email to Nancy[at]provisionswine[dot]com, with the subject "Artist Application [INSERT NAME HERE].
Facts and policies in brief
- - Exhibits run for one month.
- - There is wall space for 6 pieces (possibly more, depending on size).
- - Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down their exhibits.
- - Provisions will provide a ladder, but tools and other supplies are the responsibility of the artist.
- - There is no charge for the use of the space. If works are sold, Provisions will take 15% of profits.
- - Provisions provides refreshments for the artist’s reception which will always coincide with Arts Night Out (the second Friday of each month).
- - Provisions sends out press releases to local media. The artist must provide a brief statement and publicity photos for this purpose.
- - Artists may send announcements/invitations.
- - Provisions has limited insurance covering works on display. Provisions is not responsible for any losses not covered by insurance.
- - Applications should be e-mailed to Nancy, with the subject “Artist Application - [INSERT NAME HERE]”
- - Emails not adhering to this format will be discarded.
- - Selected artists will be notified if their work has been selected, no phone calls or emails please.